- Skippers Canyon: enjoy a mix of history and high adventure including bungy jumping, rafting, a flying fox and jet boating. It is recommended that visitors take a guided excursion in Skippers Canyon as the road is not suitable for standard vehicles
- Jet Boating: experience the Shotover, Kawarau or Dart River
- White Water Rafting: shoot the rapids on the Shotover or Kawarau River
- Gondola Ride: rise 450 metres/1,475 feet above Queenstown to Bob's Peak to enjoy views of Lake Wakatipu and the surrounding mountains, from every vantage point. Enjoy a luge ride (a luge is a short, raised toboggan for one person seated) down a slope from the top of the gondola ride
- Ski Queenstown: venture onto one of the six fields in close proximity to Queenstown - The Remarkables, Coronet Peak, Cardrona, Treble Cone,Waiorau Snow Farm or Snow Park
- Night Skiing: New Zealand's only night skiing takes place at Coronet Peak ski area
- Heli-Skiing & Heliboarding
- Guided & Unguided half-Day or Day Walks: explore Lake Wakatipu and the surrounding area.
- Great Walks: use Queenstown as a base for some of the 'Great Walk' options in Fiordland National Park Milford Track, Kepler Track, Hollyford Track and Routeburn). Transport will need to be organised at the start and end of the track for those visitors freedom walking.
Other Activities and Attractions
- TSS Earnslaw: cruise across Lake Wakatipu aboard this 100-year-old steamboat
- Arts & Wine: follow a wine trail or the Wakatipu Arts Trail
- Arrowtown: the old goldmining town provides an interesting journey back in time with its memorabilia of the era as well as boutiques and cafes
- Trout & Salmon Fishing: test the waters all year round
- Country Life experiences: try horse trekking or see sheep shearing and working sheepdogs
- Flightseeing: a variety of fixed wing and helicopter flights depart from Queenstown to Milford/Doubtful Sound, Fiordland National Park, Mt Cook and Mt Aspiring
No listings found. Please try another category.