- Canyoning: guided descents of canyons in Lake Wanaka region.
- Lake Wanaka: yachties, water skiers, kayakers and wind surfers can take to the waters of the Lake.
- Horse Trekking: venture into the wilderness of the region.
- Walking: numerous walks are available in the area, from one hour to four days.
- Mountaineering: go guided mountaineering and trekking in the National Park.
- Whitewater kayaking or eco-rafting: on rivers in Lake Wanaka region.
- Alpine & Heli Mountain Biking: highest mountain bike tracks in New Zealand.
- Rockclimbing: join a rockclimbing trip with instruction, courses and ascents.
Other Activities & Attractions
- The New Zealand Fighter Pilots Museum: see a collection of flyable World War II fighter aircraft.
- Trout Fishing: go guided fishing on the lakes, rivers and streams in the area. The region offers superb brown and rainbow trout fishing.
- Wanaka Transport Museum: witness a unique private collection representing many facets of transport, from cars to fire engines, bicycles to army tanks, model cars to aircraft.
- Flightseeing: scenic flights throughout the South Island's alpine region; Milford Sound, Mt Cook and Mt Aspiring. Remote area landings are available in Mt Aspiring National Park for trampers, climbers and hunters.
- Heli-Skiing: experience heli-skiing and heli-boarding.
- The Skifields of Cardrona & Treble Cone, & the Waiorau Nordic Ski Area.
No listings found. Please try another category.